Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Seizure #5...

As if our night wasn't bad enough already... Brianna has to top it off with another one of her seizure episodes... don't know if the evening's events might have been some sort of "trigger" for it or what -- that will be a question for the doctor when we see him in September...

It's almost always the same scenario... Brianna had gone to bed and hadn't been asleep long. I was still up watching TV and she came walking out with her hand over her mouth and nose. I asked her what was wrong, but she didn't answer me, so I followed her into the bathroom. She was standing over the toilet and next thing I knew, she started convulsing. I grabbed her and held her up, but I don't think these convulsions were that strong that she would have fallen down... still, I wasn't going to take any chances. After about 10-15 seconds, she stopped convulsing. She was immediately aware of what happened and said that she was sleeping and thought she was going to be sick and throw up. She got up to go into the bathroom and felt like she had vomit in her mouth, so she had her hand up over her mouth. She doesn't remember the actual convulsions, but she had the same "after effects" as before... drooling, paralysis of one side of her mouth that lasts about 5 minutes afterwards... This is about the only time that I find myself wishing that Brianna was 15 or 16 years old already and has grown out of this... It is so frustrating that there are no answers!!

No comments: